WE'VE GOT YOU COVERED!
The Junior League of Riverside is operating the only diaper bank in the Inland Empire. We seek to raise awareness of diaper need, as well as hold drives to provide diapers to those in need. We also have partnerships with several community organizations, working with them to get diapers to the communities they serve.
If you are in need of assistance, please fill out our registration form.
CELEBRATING ONE YEAR OF DIRECT DISTRIBUTION
One year ago, the JLR Diaper Bank began monthly direct distributions to families experiencing diaper need. 350 children and 43,000 diapers later we are celebrating our first birthday!
Since April 7, 2020, our Diaper Bank received over 400 inquiries for diapers due to the COVID-19 crisis. Our goal is to assist each family that has inquired but WE NEED YOUR HELP. Your donation large or small will help us keep our diaper shelves stocked and allow us to provide diapers and wipes for families during this unprecedented time.
We are proud of our accomplishments this past year but there is still much to do. If you are able to, please donate to help families severely impacted by COVID-19 closures.
We accept only disposable diapers for babies and toddlers. While cloth diapers are technically legal in daycares across California, a large majority of daycares prohibit them. And, even if a daycare does allow them, cloth diapers cannot be washed in any public washing machines (including those provided by housing complexes). Therefore, disposable diapers is the only option.
Facts and Stats
- The largest percentage of families seeking assistance have a dual income.
- Most childcare facilities require parents to provide diapers for their child.
- While lower income families may qualify for subsidized day care, without sufficient diapers children cannot attend. Government programs do not cover the cost of diapers as a basic need for infants and toddlers.
- A month’s supply of diapers for one child costs approximately $80. Babies need 6-10 diapers per day.
- 17% of California children under the age of 3 live in families earning below the Federal Poverty Level (FPL).
- 1 in 3 Families express Diaper Need in the U.S.
- 5.2 Million Children under 3 live at, or below, poverty in the U.S.
- State and Federal Child Safety Programs do not cover diapers.
- The National Diaper Bank Network has 22 diaper banks in California. None are located in Riverside and San Bernardino Counties.
Source: The National Diaper Bank Network
How You Can Help
We accept donations from ALL disposable diapers brands and in all sizes (especially sizes 4-6!). Keep an eye out for one of our many diaper drives via Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram. Or feel free to drop off diapers at the office.
We also accept monetary donations. Just $20 can purchase 40-50 diapers and help a family for an entire week! If you would like to donate to our diaper bank, please click here, or contact the Junior League of Riverside's office.